February 2018: 7x7 special focus In Alexander Valley, young winemakers put quirky spins on tasting
February 2018: Sunset Magazine recommends Sutro Wine Tasting Experience in Go Now: Wine Country Love
October 2017: Sunset Magazine has listed our 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon as Best Red Wine under $50
- 92 points - California Grapevine - 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
- 9 points (out of 10) - Alder Yarrow - 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
- 93 points - Terroirist - 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon & 2014 Merlot
- 90 points - Wine Enthusiast - will be published in May 2018
- 16.5+ - Jancis Robinson/ Elaine Chukan Brown - 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon
- 16+ - Jancis Robinson/ Elaine Chukan Brown - 2013 Merlot
- 91 points - Wine Enthusiast (August 2017) - 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon
- 90 points - Wine Enthusiast (August 2017) - 2013 Merlot
- 93 points - The Tasting Panel/Meredith May (May 2017) - 2013 Merlot
"The wine’s aromas are expressionist: leatherbound cherry wood. On the palate, a palette of lifted pomegranate and chocolate cherry comes into the fore, while big, robust strokes of cigar leaf and a thread of granite paint an abstract integration with the lush blue and red fruit."
-93 points - Terroirist/Isaac Baker rates the 2013 Vintage.
"For my palate, the most impressive wines hail from Sutro, a single-vineyard Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon project located in Alexander Valley. Just wow."
- 93 points - Doug Wilder - purely domestic wine report (June 2017) - 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 92 points - Doug Wilder - purely domestic wine report (June 2017) - 2013 Merlot.
- 91 points - Doug Wilder - purely domestic wine report (August 2016) - 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon.
"A nose of chocolate, cedar and silky blackberry with underlying notes of caramel, blueberry and currant with some meatiness. The palate is classic Chalk Hill sleek silkiness, cedar, blackberry, red cherry and spice. Drink 2016-2023."
- Gold - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition (2018)
2013 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Double Gold - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition (2017)
- Gold - American Fine Wine Invitational Competition (2017)
- Gold - TexSom (2017)
- Gold - Sunset Magazine (2017)
2012 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Double Gold - SF Chronicle Wine Competition (2016)
- Best in Class Label Design - SF Chronicle Wine Competition (2016)