- The Tasting Panel/Meredith May (May 2017) rates Sutro 2013 Merlot 93 points.
"The wine’s aromas are expressionist: leatherbound cherry wood. On the palate, a palette of lifted pomegranate and chocolate cherry comes into the fore, while big, robust strokes of cigar leaf and a thread of granite paint an abstract integration with the lush blue and red fruit."
- Terroirist/Isaac Baker rates the Sutro2013 Vintage 93 points.
"For my palate, the most impressive wines hail from Sutro, a single-vineyard Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon project located in Alexander Valley. Just wow."
- Doug Wilder - purely domestic wine report - (June 2017) rates Sutro 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon 92 points and Sutro 2013 Merlot 93 points.
- Doug Wilder - purely domestic wine report - (August 2016) rates Sutro 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon 91 points.
"A nose of chocolate, cedar and silky blackberry with underlying notes of caramel, blueberry and currant with some meatiness. The palate is classic Chalk Hill sleek silkiness, cedar, blackberry, red cherry and spice. Drink 2016-2023."
2013 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Double Gold San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition (2017)
- Gold American Fine Wine Invitational Competition (2017)
- Gold TexSom (2017) & Sunset Magazine (2017)
2012 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Double Gold SF Chronicle Wine Competition (2016)
- Best in Class Label Design SF Chronicle Wine Competition (2016)
2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Tech Sheet
2013 Merlot Tech Sheet
2012 Cabernet Sauvignon Tech Sheet
To use an image from the website, unless otherwise indicated, drag to desktop. Image credit Sutro Wine Co., except for the family portrait credit Brett Walker.
2012 Cabernet Sauvignon Bottle
2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Bottle
2013 Merlot Bottle
Label, 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon
Wine Order Form