Thank you so much for your interest in writing about us. Here are some facts to be aware of as you compose your story.
- Alice Warnecke Sutro & Eliot Sutro founded and co-own Sutro Wine Co. Eliot is the winemaker and together they manage all aspects of Sutro Wine Co.
- Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot grapes for Sutro wines are sourced from Warnecke Ranch and Vineyard.
- Alice and Eliot live at Warnecke Ranch. They do not grow the grapes or own the vineyard and there is not a tasting room or winery on site.
- Alice leads wine clients on Nature Walks at the family property to promote Sutro Wines. The tasting takes place off-site at either Jimtown Store or SHED. This is slow wine tourism.
- Warnecke Ranch & Vineyard II, LP is a limited partnership owned by members of the Warnecke family.
- Margo Warnecke Merck is the Managing Partner of Warnecke Ranch & Vineyard, (including: property management, grape-grower, vineyard manager), President of Warnecke Institute, and President of the Board of Chalk Hill Artist Residency.
- Chalk Hill Artist Residency was founded by the Warnecke family in 2010, it is located at Warnecke Ranch. Alice was the Program Director from 2010-2016, Stephani Sanchez Hernandez is the current Program Director.